Essential Project Manager: Practical Skills for Getting Things Done
Course Length: 1 or 2 day
PDUs: 7 or 14
Advanced Preparation: None
Course Fee: TBD
Course Hours: 8:30AM – 4:15PM
Essential Project Manager: Practical Skills for Getting Things Done simplifies complex concepts concerning projects. People tend to complicate things. Projects are no exception. We will learn a straight forward philosophy of how to manage projects successfully, large and small.
This model of success is based on 3 essential qualities that all successful project managers embody: leadership, effective communications and implementation of appropriate structure to the project.
Leadership, Communications and Structure are the triad of success for project managers and Essential Project Manager: Practical Skills for Getting Things Done shows the student how to develop these qualities and how to use them in their professional lives.
- Understand how to simplify the complexity of communications within a group
- Understand how project managers are leaders
- Identify leadership qualities and how to maintain them
- Build leadership tactics that are useful in projects
- Understand communication in projects
- Develop interpersonal communications tactics
- Build successful communications with virtual and cross-cultural teams
- Understand deliverables in terms of communication of completed requirements
- Embrace the concept of C3: Clear, Concise and Complete
- Evaluate the structure inherent in an organization
- Understand how specific project structure affects project success
- Implement the appropriate structure for the project to meet the needs of the organization and drive the project to success
- Learn to integrate your leadership and communication skills to drive a project to success.